Quick Q: What type of brake fluid for '99 Taurus Wagon?

Sorry, but I don't have an owners manual or Haynes, but I do have some type 3 for my Camry -- does Ford have their own proprietary type, or can I use my type 3 fluid?
Thanks!
Norm

https://www.fleet.ford.com/maintenance/owners_manuals/default.asp
you pay..DEAL with it!
On Sat, 16 Dec 2006 14:30:25 GMT, Backyard Mechanic

Beautiful. Thanks a lot!
Norm
Quick Q: What type of brake fluid for '99 Taurus Wagon? Group: alt.autos.ford Date: Sat, Dec 16, 2006, 5:23am (EST+5) From: snipped-for-privacy@NoSpam.NoWhere (FatherGuido) Sorry, but I don't have an owners manual or Haynes, but I do have some type 3 for my Camry -- does Ford have their own proprietary type, or can I use my type 3 fluid? Thanks! Norm <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
The manual for my '99 Taurus sedan says to only use a DOT 3 brake fluid. Ford calls it "High Performance" DOT 3 motor vehicle brake fluid.
Eric
On Sat, 16 Dec 2006 11:42:15 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Eric Toline) wrote:

Perfect, that's the type I already have. It's a premium ABS blend. ;)
Thanks,
Norm
On Sat, 16 Dec 2006 05:23:07 GMT, Father Guido

Read the raised lettering on the cap for the brake reservoir, it will tell all. Probably DOT-3, maybe DOT-4 but I doubt it.
--<< Bruce >>--
On Mon, 18 Dec 2006 08:12:32 GMT, Bruce L. Bergman

Thanks, guess that's kinda like -- when all else fails, read the Effing instructions <G>