Re: 97 Taurus 3.0 Vulcan Serpentine Belt Replacement Nightmare

In news:alt.autos.ford, snipped-for-privacy@nswccd.navy.mil posted on 27 Dec 2004

06:57:02 -0800:

If you have the right tool this job is not very difficult. I had done

> this few times. I bought a special serpentine belt changing wench from > Sears. It is suitable for cars from many manufactures. It is > basically a flat bar with various sizes of socket heads. It has the > correct socket for your Ford Vulcan engine. This tool costs about > $15.00 It is well worth the cost. Good luck.

I have a similar tool from Advance Auto. But even with that tool and a socket, you have to kind of angle the socket onto the tensioner bolt and twist it into place. Fortunately motor mounts have some rubber in them. The engined nudged just a tad which was the only reason I could get the bar in there.

Damaeus

Reply to
Damaeus