Re: Detroit Finished one and two once again

Mmm.. not quite... more like a cross between the SVO and the TurboCoupe.
I think it had a forged crank but the vane air meter and turbo were same as the TC. And no intercooler. I had all three at same time.
The XR4's had a couple problems, front suspension and brakes being notable.... but it was fun to drive and the platform (Sierra) had/has a BIG fan base in Europe.
The TurboCoupe had the SVO engine, as well. I had the pleasure, while still working at Ford in 1983, of driving a FMC owned SVO 'round Pocono at over 175 MPH. We ran several, with nothing more than a tweaked microprocessor, that could lift the front wheels off the ground coming off the line. ;)
mike hunt
Backyard Mechanic wrote:

If the Dealers and Ford don't care who buys their vehicles, explain to me why they have such a HUGE adverising budget.? I showed your comment to a couple of salesmen and one Dealer, and I can not write the rather nasty comment they made about your statement.

What kind of fleet vehicles do they keep five years or 300,000 miles..? Surely you are not talking about Cars or SUV, or Pickup trucks.

You confirmed what I said, Ford sells most of its cars to Fleets, not individuals. After 3 years, those fleet cars with an average of 60,000 are worth less than 30 percent of original value.
Toyota and Honda dealers would love to get some of the corporate fleet

That is a very ignorant sexist statement that is not based on the records of ownership. Seems to me you are not a widely travelled person anymore, or you are becoming senile.

When those cars are here I will look into them. Come september when my personal 1998 Taurus, the last Taurus I really loved, with 4 wheel disc brakes and twin exhaust, comes up for replacement it will not be another Taurus, or other Ford Product. After 30 Years I am sad to be leaving Ford, but as you said " Ford DON'T CARE..!" And since it is my money you should not care one bit either.

heads
the
Taurus
have
and
percentage
then

Yes but who wants to drive a "tool". Style, performance and handling sell cars. Chrysler has style, Ford has performance, no US manufacturer (except corvette) has handling. I drove a British mid range ford (Taurus equivalent) and couldn't believe how "tight" the suspension and drivetrain was. Good shifter, excellent power and superb handling.
Howard
On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 18:12:22 GMT, "hnelson"

Tight suspension & drivetrain, good shifter, excellent power & superb handling. Gee, you just described my 93 T-Bird.