Testing, one two

Is this thing on ?

Hello ?

Nah, they must have all gone home.

Quick - somebody talk about cars.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Got a nail hole repaired in a tyre on Saturday. That good enough? PeteM turned up to do something on his Golf GTI while I was there, but left before he got started because he forgot to pick up a clutchkit and second hand dizzy for a 2.0 because a 1.8 one wouldn't work.

That GTI is in real nice nick for it's age and definately worthy of the work.

Reply to
Elder

I quite fancy a GTI - even a MKIII. In fact a MKIII 3 or 5 door GTI in dark metallic green would be nice.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

I took the tarp off the civic today ;)

popped the bonnet got all inspired with the vtec goodness then decided that drinking beer was a better way to spend my afternoon

Reply to
Rob

I ordered a complete exhaust system and a K&N panel filter for the 75.

I also threw away a nice shiny bolt that I found on my drive.

Then I found out it was the one that had previously held on the off-side of the front bumper.

Reply to
SteveH

Bad form, but I sprayed the plug cover on the 75 in matt black high-temp. paint yesterday.

Don't ask me why, it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Reply to
SteveH

Errr, I got a new welder, and funnily enough it turns out I'm not a bad welder, my old one just made my welds look crap, the new one welds for you :) Chopped my CVH tin sump and welded the bowl I'd cut off to the other side, so it's almost flat underneath, I reckon I'll have gained 3 inches of ground clearance. Drilled the Zetec block for extra bolt holes for the new sump. Bought some stainless tube to start making an inlet manifold for my new Honda CBR carbs I bought on ebay for the grand sum of 99p :)

Nowt groundbreaking, just steady fettling :)

PS Anyone have a strip of stainless big enough for an inlet manifold flange around 3mm thick ?

Reply to
Tony Bond

I went for a ride on the Hornet in 3/4 lengths and a t-shirt. Then when getting off managed to somehow put my leg on the end can... It stuck for a little while before the skin peeled off :-)

As for cars, I found something in Chesterfield to go look at on the way to my next hospital visit.

Reply to
Iridium

I've just got back from picking my latest project - a 205 Style 1.8 n/a diesel. Mmmmm, feel the slowness. On the plus side it was free. Hopefully it will replace the Nova but we shall see.

Things are getting desperate though - BX has no tax/MoT, SD1 is in the garage waiting for some suspension bits so the MoT can be done, Nova has been condemned and the Volvo's MoT runs out on saturday. Any my girlfriend needs a car to do 70 miles in a day. Eeeek!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Mmmmm, bet that smelt nice!

:D

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

It didn't fall off and knacker the paint did it?

Reply to
Elder

You dumb f*ck ;)

Reply to
Elder

No, fortunately. I did come very close to a disaster when trying to get it up ramps, though. That *may* be the cause of the bolt falling out, thinking about it.

No biggie - I'll just raid the box of bolts left over from building the Hongdou.....

Reply to
SteveH

Mmmmm, Danepak.

Reply to
SteveH

Probably like pork chops.

Reply to
Elder

Yep, but somehow, not quite as nice, possibly slightly sickly. Or maybe that's just if it's your own skin!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

I'll have a look at work tomorrow and see if there's any offcuts around but it depends if they've been using any lately. We try not to use it so much as it's a nightmare to work or drill by hand and it's hard on the machine tools. You'd save a lot of time if you get a gasket for between the manifold and head and get an exact copy laser cut out of stainless steel.

Reply to
Homer

In news:mIRUh.53357$ snipped-for-privacy@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk, Tony Bond wittered on forthwith;

No, but we've got quite a few sets of Fireblade throttle bodies lying round the workshop....

Reply to
Pete M

"Pete M" wrote in message news:f00slt$kv$ snipped-for-privacy@registered.motzarella.org...

I really like the idea of Megasquirt and TBs, but I'm an electronics moron, I even cheated with my Megajolt and bought it fully built ;)

Reply to
Tony Bond

"Pete M" wrote in message news:f00slt$kv$ snipped-for-privacy@registered.motzarella.org...

Hmm. Hmmmm. What size bore? And how much for a set to go walkies?

Reply to
Sandy Nuts