Parabolics once again

Well, alright, this is a bit more about shocks than parabolics, but it kinda fits in with the whole topic...

I'm hoping to get parabolics a bit later in the year, when finances allow, however it turns out (after yesterdays off roading) that at least one of my shocks is knackered. The question is this - I want to get replacement shocks soon, but I'm not really sure if I should go for the longer travel gas shocks that I expect to eventually use with the parabolics. I presume that the only effect of using the shocks with the existing springs is that less than the full travel will be used, and I might even lose a little articulation.

Anything else to be aware of, and what recommendations would the group have for shocks for an 88" hardtop?

thanks, Andrew

-- SIII 88" | Member of Club Land Rover Ireland | |

Andrew Harton

Get the shock absorbers you intend to use with the parabolics. The existing springs will be so numb that the shock absorber does virtually nothing anyway.

I'd recommend the Pro-comp ES9000 from my experience with them and from the experience of other club members. De-Carbons have some quality control issues that would concern me on an off road vehicle. Don't bother with the gaiters for the pro-comps - all they do is collect water. The shields on other shock absorbers do very little (if anything) at all to protect the shock absorber.

cheers

Dave W.

Dave White