Re: Propane smell 94 Taurus wagon, what gives?

Sure you aren't smell rotten egg smell from a balky converter ? Could be air/fuel ratio isn't proper or a spark plug is missing.

--

>> Remove "zz" from e-mail address to direct reply. <<

"JD" < snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
I agree with you...and luckily my mechanic is saying it may be leaned out too much...the car is running great....
Why does the Taurus when cold sound like its percolating!? I'm a Chevy/Honda kind of guy, haven't gotten used to these Ford noises...
On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 01:03:53 GMT, "Steve Stone"

Re: Propane smell 94 Taurus wagon, what gives? Group: alt.autos.ford Date: Fri, Aug 29, 2003, 3:17am (EDT+4) From: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (JD) I agree with you...and luckily my mechanic is saying it may be leaned out too much...the car is running great....

Had both a Chevy Malibu wagon & a Taurus wagon when I lived in Chicago. Both sounded pretty much the same summer & winters.
Eric
JD opined in

If it sounds that way from IN the cabin.. isnt it coming from the general heater area?
Means there's air in the coolant system... bleed it out.
The percolating sound is on the outside, when warm I believe it goes away. Sounds tinny to me! I have a fine mechanic who isn't afraid to drive with me and we nail the different sounds...
On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 13:53:24 -0000, Backyard Mechanic