Re: Propane smell 94 Taurus wagon, what gives?

Sure you aren't smell rotten egg smell from a balky converter ? Could be air/fuel ratio isn't proper or a spark plug is missing.

Reply to
Steve Stone

I agree with you...and luckily my mechanic is saying it may be leaned out too much...the car is running great....

Why does the Taurus when cold sound like its percolating!? I'm a Chevy/Honda kind of guy, haven't gotten used to these Ford noises...

Reply to
JD

Re: Propane smell 94 Taurus wagon, what gives? Group: alt.autos.ford Date: Fri, Aug 29, 2003, 3:17am (EDT+4) From: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (JD) I agree with you...and luckily my mechanic is saying it may be leaned out too much...the car is running great....

Chevy/Honda kind of guy, haven't gotten used to these Ford noises

Reply to
Eric Toline

JD opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@netnews.comcast.net:

If it sounds that way from IN the cabin.. isnt it coming from the general heater area?

Means there's air in the coolant system... bleed it out.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic