Re: weird electrical prob in Taurus

Supima wrote:

get some contact cleaner and start spraying it in the area where you spilled the antifreeze....that along with dirt might just make an electrical circuit and might give you the problem you have...... the electrical contact cleaner might just wash it off and the problem will go away.....
It isn't the battery. I've tried a new one with the same results. I actually think it is a problem with the car alarm/keyless entry system. Besides the starter not cranking, the alarm system and power door locks are acting up. I've also noticed that whenever I turn the ignition, the clock on the radio resets. The clock and radio work normally until I try to start the car. I can't find a wiring diagram for the alarm system anywhere. It came from the factory but there isn't a schematic in the repair book I have.
Supima wrote:

One more thing i would try is to reground the main underhood grounds. Follow the black negative cable from the battery to the engine. Unbolt it, clean off the connector spade, and firmly reground it. Do the same with the engine to firewall ground strap. And any other under hood ground straps you can find.
BOB
It was the battery after all! The 'new' one I tried was faulty too. As soon as I dropped in a known good battery it started right up. I don't mind working on mechanical things, but electrical problems are frustrating. Thanks for all the help. Matt