206 weird electrical fault

My daughter has just bought a brand new 206 1.4 litre petrol model.

It has the following weird faults. If the lights are switched on, the high level brake light comes on somewhat dimmer than when the brakes are applied but stays on.

With the lights on, the engine wont stop even with the key removed until the lights are turned off!

With the lights switched off the near front side light comes on when the brake pedal is applied!

Obviously it will go back to the dealership ASAP as it is probably illegal and unsafe to drive in this state but has anyone come across anything like this before?

Reply to
Robin Bendall

Almost certainly a fault with the BSI module (Built-in Systems Integration), had a similar thing on my 307. This box of tricks controls all the electrics and accessories in the car and once changed the problems were sorted.

Reply to
Nick (UK)

Thanks Nick, that's reassuring, I'll let you know how we get on.

Reply to
Robin Bendall

Hi seen similar on 206 turned out to be the wrong bulb fitted to rear lights thats all causing weird backfeed.all the best mark

Reply to
MARK B peugeot m.t. via CarKB.com

I don't know whether this model uses twin filament (i.e. stop/tail) bulbs but I have seen several instances of one filament breaking and wrapping itself around the other one, thus causing the same kind of problems.

Reply to
Keith Willcocks

Yep, that's what sprung to my mind too. One of the stop/tail bulbs faulty possibly, or a single filament bulb instead of a twin filament.

Reply to
nigel