Weird electrical problem in 1996 Dodge Caravan

Our 1996 Caravan has developed a strange electrical problem. Recently, when the car was started, the yellow "ABS" light on the upper dash stayed illuminated, and the radio did not work.

A few days later we had the problem again, and we were able to do a bit more testing. What does not work includes:

ABS warning light Radio Ventilator fan Windshield wipers

Maybe more -- we don't know

Headlights all seem to be fine.

The failure is intermittent -- shutting the car off and waiting a few minutes seems to clear whatever is causing the fault.

I have a suspicion that all these things are related through a common connection, or relay, or something. The problem is, I don't have a wiring diagram of the vehicle to troubleshoot it.

Any suggestions as to what might be the problem?

thanks, Isaac

Reply to
Isaac Wingfield

Make sure your ignition switch is going back to the run position after you start the vehicle, do you have alot of keys on your key ring that may be preventing this from happening?

Reply to
maxpower

Reply to
mic canic