reset "change oil soon" warning light

just bought a 2002 Ford Windstar SE, and the "change oil soon" warning keeps showing up on the dashboard. I hit the "reset" button, which
works until I turn the van off. As soon as I start it back up, the warning is back. we've also tried holding the Reset button for 3 seconds, which seems to reset EVERYthing (except the change oil warning!)
TIA
To reset CHANGE OIL SOON/OIL CHANGE REQUIRED message on the Message Center, press the SETUP control to access the System Check Mode. Press and release the RESET button to display "OIL LIFE % HOLD RESET NEW" is displayed. Press and hold the RESET button for 2 seconds until "IF NEW OIL HOLD RESET" is displayed. Press and hold RESET button until "OIL LIFE SET TO 100%" is displayed.
Hope it helps.
On 17 Jul 2006 11:31:28 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@hce.org wrote:

Excellent, that was it!! I've printed out a copy and am keeping it in the glovebox for future reference.
Thanks again, Andi
Andy wrote:

Your welcome. Being and Amsoil dealer, they provide me with information like that. Some of the other car brands mean getting behind the dash, looks like an hard job to get at those.
Andy