change oil soon light

It's been a while, how do I reset it? I know it's got something to do with key position and the gas pedal being depressed, but just can't seem to get it right. Thanks, Jeff
Reply to
Casper
manual for the correct procedure. If it's like my 2002 GMC work truck, key on, press gas pedal to the floor and release five times, turn key back off.
Regards,
Steve
Reply to
Steve M. in CA.
5 times fast but not really fast I can get it every time.....I few other mechanics that I work with say that its different in every car..its kinda got its own "personal" touch too it :)
Duane Swan 1999 Grand Prix 81,000
Reply to
Duane Swan
depending on the year a model of the vehicle.. usualy run turn the key to run without the engine running and depress the gas pedal 3 times in 5 seconds.
Reply to
Chris Twolan
Have a 98 Grand Prix, followed directions in manual; turn ignition key to on but not with engine running, pump gas pedal three times then wait for the change oil light to blink, turn off ignition.
Reply to
rck