snapped lower intake bolt on 3.8L v-6

Page 2 of 2
I located 2 more problems today. The engine is back together and it runs smooth. However, I became worried when the temperature gage did not move.
I think I discover the source of the original problem that caused the haed gaskets to go bad. The thermostat must be stuck closed, broken. Tomorrow, I'll change it. I should have just done that as part of the process but I really didn't even think about it. Not a big deal yet because I caught it right away. The other problem is the overflow connection that is under the radiator cap. It's plastic and it broken right at the base of the tube. I'm not exactly sure what to do about it yet. I'd hate to think that I need to replace the radiator just to fix such a small thing like that. Is there anyway to repair that? I'm thinking that I can just glue it back together with some superglue or epoxy. That sound reasonable?
Thanks again,
Chip
Chip wrote:

If it was stuck closed, The temperature gauge would be moving. If it was stuck open, it would be sluggish going up. Either way, replace it. Make sure the orientation is right. Get one with a gigle valve if the original had one.
Tomorrow,

My s10 did the same thing. I went and got a plastic hose coupler at the autoparts store. Shoved one end into the radiator and the other on the hose. It constricts it a little, but i have got away with it so far.
Bob

-