changing plugs on V-6

I changed the front 3 spark plugs on my 1999 LE V-6 but had a hard time figuring what all I had to remove to get to the back 3..have Haynes manual but no use at all...any help greatly appreciated!

Reply to
qw

Here you go. I wrote it up a while back.. You may have to copy and paste the URL into your browser, if it doesn't click.

default

I learned the trick from this very newsgroup. You need the following:

- a socket wrench.

- a spark plug socket.

- a 3" extension.

- a 6" extension.

- a universal joint.

For the plug closest to the passenger side, you need to take out a couple of bolts holding some hoses - pull them aside after removing the bolts. It's kind of a pain in the a$$, but using the wrench, clip on the 3" extension, to the universal, to the 6" extension, to the socket. This will get two of the plugs out. For the centre plug, I switched the 6" and the

3". It took me 90 minutes first time, 45 minutes second time to do the back 3 plugs. You have to use some imagination on switching the two extensions around until you can fit the wrench in there. When turning the handle to loosen/tighten, try to keep one hand on the lower extension as a guide to keep the socket square while turning. Good luck. You can do it.

Reply to
Jeff