Taurus tires

I must replace the tires on a 1999 Taurus. My wife drives this car to/from work year round, including in Midwest (Iowa) winters. The four tires that I
am considering are the Goodyear Assurance ComforTred or TripleTread, or the Michelin Hydroedge or Agility. Does anyone have experience with these tires? Any other recommendations? Thanks, ELD
ELD wrote:

BF Goodrich Winter Slalom. It's a snow tire, but I have been having consistant long-term satisfaction for year-round driving for six years and two sets, getting ready for the third(about 50,000 mi. per set). A great snow tire, they are quiet and long-wearing on dry roads, with excellent wet traction(boat launches & rain), and attractively priced. They are going on our Accord this year, too.
Rob
trainfan1 wrote:

Now I have to retract all the above... the Winter Slalom has been discontinued... much to the tire dealer's dismay!
Rob

tirerack.com has reviews for several tires. I have Goodyear Assurance ComfortTreds myself, and I like them. I haven't had an opportunity to test snow traction, but all other attributes have been good so far. They are noticeably better than the Goodyear Regatta 2, IMO.
Rodney
I can tell you one tire to avoid, and one to try. I have a 2000 Taurus, essentially the same vehicle. I had a set of Bridgestones on it, and they were horrid. They developed a vibration within 8k miles. The dealer even replaced two under warranty after trying over and over to balance them.
I finally bought some Michelin Pilot XGT +4's and they're incredible. I've never been more satisfied with tires. I've had them for about 5k miles so far and can't believe how quiet, smooth and stable they are.
CJB