1999 Ford Taurus

I have a 1999 Ford Taurus SE with a 3.0 24 valve DOHC , I am having problems with the tans, when i dirve it the over lights comes on telling me that the over drive is off, and the speed-o-meter stop working and it want shift , out of low range. I get that problem when driving in town, if on the highway for some reason once it shifts i have no problem, Please tell me where to look first. I might metion that i didnt have this problem until after my wife , bump a curve

Reply to
FLASH1974