time for tires for my '95 Vic

And I am not as financially sound as I was last time. 6 years ago I bought Michelin X-One's. Pretty good time, nice ride, 100k miles. The Cougar had
same tires and went 40k so . . .
I am looking at about $450 for Mich Harmony but the Yokohama Avid TRZ and the Kumho A/S 795 touring tires cost much less and rate well every where I have looked. I am ready to order the Kuhmos from Tirerack right now. I had Kumho's years ago and they seemed like a good tire then. I'll spend less than half the cost of the Michelins. The Yokos come in between the other two.
Any opinions or suggestions? I am in Ohio and drive 30 miles each was to work every day.
Thanks folks!
PoD

RUN AWAY FROM THE AVID...I bought six about two years ago, they are ALL GONE lasted less that half the life of the tread before they started causing road vibration. Replaced three of them under warranty and still problems.
Sorry, I dont give a crap if they found the probs and fixed them... you get ONE chance with me, if I have a say in it.
I have bought 3 sets of the Walmart Goodyear Viva (NOT Viva II) touring and no probs on any of the three cars I shod with them.
Just watch the shop boys close. Bought mine at Fairfield Commons store... good service though they dont understand directional wheels on tbirds ;)
you pay..DEAL with it!
"Paul of Dayton" wrote

Someone here has some 14" tires for you, wheels not included. ;-)
Umm, yeh, I saw those. I'll stick with 15". I am leaning toward the Kuhmo right now but I will check the WalMart tire Backyard mentioned.
PoD

Paul of Dayton wrote:

i dont think he ever suggested changing to 14" :P
I've had very good service with Bridgestone Potennza G009 tires in 215x60x15 size. About $75 each. They're uni-directional and rotating the tires about every oil change at 4-5k miles helps to balance the wear.
Eric
I did see a more recent CV yesterday with what looked to be close to 20" tires/wheels. It had been raised quite a bit, too.
PoD

Paul,
I continue to receive excellent service on my 94 Crown Vic with the Cooper Trendsetter SE, available online with shipping for around $57 each--they wear like steel, bubble balance perfectly on cast or steel wheels, afford quick handling, are good in the rain, etc. They are far superior to the Goodyear Viva, in my opinion, based on my experience with the Viva. The size is P215-70-15, the standard size. They come in whitewalls at this price. If you need help finding them, just let me know at snipped-for-privacy@peoplepc.com.
Land O'Lakes Fred