Time for tires

I have a 95 F250HD Suppercab 4x4, it is in need of new tires. The truck has 7.5L, auto and 3.55 gears. The stock size is 235/85R16E, I'm looking at going with a 265/75R16D or a

285/75R16D. I want an all terrain tire, like BFGs. I sometimes pull my Jeep on a trailer and want to get an 8 or 9 foot slide-in camper. Looking for something a bit wider then stock, don't have to go taller. Will I have any problems going with a D rated tire and would I notice much difference with the 285/75R16? Pat
Reply to
MTJeepers

Unless that's a very light slide-in camper, you're gonna want more than a load range D tire.

-- frosty

Reply to
frosty

If you are going to be hauling a slide-in truck camper, you will need the load range E tires. If your truck wasn't built with the camper special package, you'll need a bunch of other stuff also.

Tom J

Reply to
Tom J

The truck has front and rear swaybars, also it is the over 8500lb version with a dana50 front axle and 10.25 full floating rear axle. It has the tow package and a C6 automatic. I was thinking about putting Rancho RS9000 shocks on it I'm more into Jeeps, but I love this truck, the 7.5L rocks. My wife just hates filling it up at like 8.5-9 mpg. Thanks for the info Pat

Reply to
MTJeepers