Toyota charts upset rivals

Page 2 of 2
On 03/14/2010 10:08 AM, C. E. White wrote:

translation: my intern is a classic's scholar.
they can't get a job of any value to society either.
--
nomina rutrum rutrum

On 11/03/2010 6:02 AM, C. E. White wrote:

Probably some truth in both. But GM-NHTSA records clearly show Toyota isn't as bad at such things as say GM or Chrylser, which suffer a "qulity" image issue with consumers as well.
Then one has to ask how come all of a sudden it is a issue with Toyota? Serously? Did NHTSA cook the their own numbers? Or are they sucuming to the great which hunt? Or were they bribed?
Like Obama to explain that please. And no BS slippery talk, straight up.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/RunawayToyotas/revolving-door-us-safety-agency-toyota-representative/story?id 47342
http://www.japantoday.com/category/business/view/worried-toyota-dealers-in-us-adding-own-voice-to-pr-push
Democrats are running scared like bunnies for November 2010 has something in store for Obama and the democrats. I think washout might be in order. Many a senior democrats, otherwise unemployable will join the 10's of millions who have seen unemployment.

It is deception. Get people focused on a perceived sacraficial enemy. Cars crash every day, a broken Chrysler transmission, Ford wheel falling off, a GM drops out of gear unexpectedly in bumber to bumper rush hour...
Takes the focus off of governemnt corruption, bailout spending, the stench of billionaires with money on depsit at Citi and others. Yep, focus the anger elsewhere.
Just apony show for the naive. As the debt, economy, and corruption are more important.

Probably trying to figure out what failing aprts are not shared with GM, like the gas peddle mechanical.
--
Politicians don't provide anything, the tax payers do.

In my opinion the media coverage of the Lexus that ran away in California.got the ball got rolling. I am sure there are multiple groups that had an interest in promoting the story (trial lawyers, labor unions, certain politicians, etc.). I feel Congress got involved becasue it was an oppurtunity to divert attention from the more pressing problems that Congress has bungled.

I am not sure what you mean when you ask if NHTSA cooked their own numbers. There were a lot of complaints over the last few year related to the Toyota vehicle speed control category. I think the correct question is, why did NHTSA ignore the warning from State Farm back in 2007? Even if the speed control complaints are valid (and I think most are), Toyotas are not involved in an unusally high number of fatal crashes. The more I look into this, the more I realize how safe all cars are. For instance, in 2008 there were around 240 million passenger vehicles registered in the US. 50,430 of these were involved in fatal crashes (being involved in a fatal crash means someone died in the accident, possibly in the vehicle, in another vehicle, or a pedestrian). That means around 0.02% of all vehicles were invovled in a crash. I don't know how many Toyotas were on the road in 2008, but only 3118 of the vehicles invovled in crahses in 2008 were Toyotas. This is 6.2% (of 50,430), which I am guessing was close to (or less than) the percetange of Toyotas included in the 240 million total number of vehicles.

I know you are not a fan of Obama, but I think it is highly unlikely he has any direct invovlement in the Toyota debacle. And remember the head of NHTSA is a Republican. Obama has far more important issues he should be addressing. On the list of US problems, runaway Toyotas is not in the top 1000.
Ed
Canuck57 wrote:

The recent Toyota problems aside, I have been convinced that NHTSA has been corrupt for several years. I base this on two things: (1) If you've ever tried to register a complaint on their site, it is clear that they want to make you give up trying to do so before you even get started - at least that's the way it was the two times I attempted to do so - maybe it's been improved/streamlined? (or perhaps that is just inherent in it being a government entity), and (2) From hanging out on several car forums of a particular type of car for years and knowing of (and actually personally experiencing) what are clearly safety issues on some of the vehicles without any recalls or even TSB's being issued on the problem.
--
Bill Putney
On 03/12/2010 05:55 PM, Bill Putney wrote:

Corrupt? or incompetent? not sure.
Their handing of automotive lighting issues sure leaves a lot to be desired, that's for damn sure. Why can't they just allow E-codes like the rest of the world and be done with it? And high beam and turn signal DRLs are just so ludicrous that whoever proposed them should have been told to STFU and GTFO instead of being taken seriously. And why are directional repeaters still not mandatory like they are in ECE countries? And red rear directionals? Come on, they've been mandated to be amber in every other civilized country since the 60's.
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
On 08/03/2010 4:57 PM, C. E. White wrote:

Agreed. As their own numbers don't show their current direction. So either this is a Toyota head hunt or NHTSA has been cooking the numbers. Either way, the NHSA needs an overhaul and some firings.
I find it credible.
--
Politicians don't provide anything, the tax payers do.

On 03/08/2010 02:57 PM, C. E. White wrote: <snip crap>
so ed the astroturfer will plug any old shit for money. right ed? how much will it cost me to have you do that for my business?
--
nomina rutrum rutrum

You are something else. You go around attacking anyone who doesn't stick to the pro-Toyota line. Clearly you are deeply immersed in the Toyota tradition - cover-up, miss-direct, shift blame - do whatever it takes to distract anyone from questioning Toyota perfection.
Come clean; tell us about the real "jim bean." What is your motivation? Is it love of Toyota, or hatred of the US manufacturers?
You went from someone who rarely, if ever, posted in the Toyota newsgroup to a top 5 poster in a month. You consistently attack anyone who doesn't defend Toyota. You try to smear Toyota's domestic competitors. I used to think you were just a committed Toyota fan, but after reading some of the "information" put out directly by Toyota, it seems you are just following Toyota corporate policy - point the finger at everyone else in hopes of distracting the public.
It seems to me you have no interest in knowing the truth, at least when it comes to Toyota. The truth might interfere with you defense of Toyota.
Looking through your posts, I see the following trends:
- protect Toyota's image
- disparage domestic manufacturers and suppliers
- repeat statistics of dubious origin to make it appear if Toyota is no worse than other manufacturers
- imply that the concerns about Toyota are politically motivated
- ignore the pro-Toyota political pressure
- personally attack anyone who doesn't fall into line with your defense of Toyota
I have posted in the Toyota news group for a long time. I originally came into the group because my SO and her family have Toyotas and I want to keep abreast of possible concerns related to Toyotas and to tap the wisdom of group members. To the strongly pro-Toyota participants I know I come across as anti-Toyota. This is not the case. My Mother, my Sisters, my SO, etc all have Toyotas. I like some things about them, I dislike other things. I have not personally owned a Toyota in 20 years, although I have come close on several occasions in last few years, but went in another direction each time (a Frontier instead of a Tacoma, an F150 instead of a Tundra, a Mazda3 instead of a Corolla). I don't think Toyota builds bad vehicles. In fact, I think they build very good vehicles. But, so do most other manufacturers. I do not like the way Toyota treats its Customers. I am not talking about individual dealers; some of those are very good. I am talking about Toyota the corporation. I believe they have a long history of refusing to stand behind their products. Maybe it is the Japanese culture at work, but I don't think so. I don't see the same sort of behavior from Honda, or even Nissan. Look back at recent history and tell me that Toyota is Customer friendly - sludge damaged engines, bad ball joints, rusting truck frames, Prius brakes, now these UA problems. Every time it takes treats by NHTSA or public outrage to get Toyota to even acknowledge the possibility of a problem, and even then they attempt to shift blame to suppliers or the actual Toyota owners. At one point you claimed you liked Hondas - have you ever seen Honda behave in that manner?
You may like to think you are calling a spade a spade, but I think your tag line motto should be "servo Toyota per ullus opes."
Ed
Until a month ago, I never even saw a post from you in the Toyota newsgroup. Toyota comes under attack and "jim beans" shows up attacking anyone who dares to not defend Toyota. You spew lies, make persoanl attacks, disparage domestic suppliers, etc. You have a clear agenda to distract attention from the current Toyota concerns.
Check with the othe regulars, I've been posting in the Toyota newsgroup for years.
Who seems more likely to be the paid shill? A regular contributor, or the "mysterious jim bean" who has a clear one track agenda?
Ed
inhonesto ostendo sum ipsum

While I do not always agree with Ed, it seems to me like he makes an honest effort to be objective and he tries to separate his opinions from facts. I see nothing wrong with that.
--

Ray O
(correct punctuation to reply)

Actually, the Prius slowed down by itself. The cop car was moved into position after the car was stopped. The news media made it sound as if the cop car pulled in front of the Prius while it was still moving and helped stop it, but this is not what the cop actually said.
Ed