Transmission Help Needed

Hello!
I'm looking for a little car help. I drive a 1972 Montego GT, and love the car. It has a 351C engine, with automatic transmission. recently,
when it down shifts from second to first gear, I feel the car jerk a little bit. My first thought was transmission fluid, but all is well in that department. What else could cause this result? My second thought was motor mounts for the jerking problem, what do the pros think?
Thank you,
Will
Smalls wrote:

do u drive this car hard? maybe the clutches are wearing out? ... what trans is it FMX? is the oil burnt or pink in color...
id look into replaceing the trans filter and modulator on trans.