Ugly gaping air intake on new Taurus

I don't like the ugly gapping mouths all too common on front ends these days. The XKE was pretty. The Taurus is ugly. Ugly does not sell. GM, take note of Ford's blunder and profit by their big mistake in artistic
expression.
Cars should never have smiles, slant eyebrows, frowns, grins, gapes, or any other human expressions frozen in sheet metal. Since the abandonment of chromium and discrete bumpers, it has been increasingly difficult to make cars pretty. Cars today look heavy, plastic, fragile and loaded with phoney elements.
The slightest love tap to todays plastic front or rear must cost thousands to fix. The prototype spring bumpers of the 1920s could take a healthy bump and spring back untouched. Whose idea was it to drop a good practical bumper for no bumper at all?
IMO, since the late 20s, its been downhill for cars as rational design. New GM, don't disappoint us who want you to reverse the clock and restore our preeminence of glory.
Il mittente di questo messaggio|The sender address of this non corrisponde ad un utente |message is not related to a real reale ma all'indirizzo fittizio|person but to a fake address of an di un sistema anonimizzatore |anonymous system Per maggiori informazioni |For more info https://www.mixmaster.it
Obviously you know nothing about the laws of physics, those "spring bumpers of the 1920s" caused the folks inside to DIE. On the other hand todays "plastic front or rear ends" let those inside walk away after the crash.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder that is what make it possible for Toyotas to sell so many of its truly ugly cars. LOL

Don't buy the cars you don't like.
But cute sells, like the cute MiniCooper and the cute Plymouth Neon (back in the day). And the VW Bug is cute, too.
Jeff
I am satisfied with my like new 2000 Taurus DOHC. It has the right amount of power for city driving. And a champ on Interstate. I could be wrong but I believe it is quality. It ranks up there with the 94 Taurus Sho that was still running great at 191k miles when I wanted something newer that I could afford without car payments:).
wrote:

Don't buy the cars you don't like.
But cute sells, like the cute MiniCooper and the cute Plymouth Neon (back in the day). And the VW Bug is cute, too.
Jeff
How does one describe the Honda and Scion "box" cars or the Kia Soul that only caries four mice? ;)
wrote:

Don't buy the cars you don't like.
But cute sells, like the cute MiniCooper and the cute Plymouth Neon (back in the day). And the VW Bug is cute, too.
Jeff
Are you talking about the 2010 Taurus? I've not seen one in person, but the air intake doesn't look all that big in the pictures I've seen. In fact, if I was going to have a negative comment about the front end, it would be that it looks too much like the current Honda Accord.
http://www.carbuyersnotebook.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/2010taurus_live_opt.jpg
http://www.automedia.com/NewCarBuyersGuide2008/photos/2008/Honda/Accord/Sedan/2008_Honda_Accord_ext_1.jpg
Ed

http://www.carbuyersnotebook.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/2010taurus_live_opt.jpg
http://www.automedia.com/NewCarBuyersGuide2008/photos/2008/Honda/Accord/Sedan/2008_Honda_Accord_ext_1.jpg
IMO, it looks better than the new Accord. The Accord seems to have lost about 10 years in styling, the rear end is mediocre at best, close to ugly. The Taurus, I think, will be OK once seen in person.

I have seen them in person, and they look great! Far more interesting than the current version or the Five Hundred. They've got an exciting European look to them. My brother saw one at the Detroit Auto Show, and decided he wanted one right then and there. Once he heard there's a SHO version coming, he said he'll wait for it.
Derek

Could care less what you have to say. People respond both positively, and negatively to your posts. Some people have questions. Regardless, you have no response. That's spouting, not sharing information. An opinionated commentary. Might as well be watching liberal and conservative TV news channel commentaries on their versions of the news, I scream at both. Never a reply to any question or comment that I have.
If you would participate in further conversation within the thread, I would not have this opinon. But, you don't. I'm turning this off.
--
Dave