UK Escort 1.6 Zetec (94)...

My dad offered to pressure wash with some 'gunk' my engine, it was pretty much in places so off he went and did it.
Ever since the clean though the car is running lumpy, it feels almost like
it's lost half it's power - it's been for a couple of long runs since (over 100 miles) and this was a couple of days ago. Even today it's still running badly - it doesn't stall or anything, it just half as smooth and 'nippy' as it normally is.
Any ideas what on earth has been ruined by the engine clean?
Cheers.

My guess is either some wires were disconnected by the water spray or there is water in the wires someplace.
Jeff

Thanks for the input.
After removing the HT cable I could see clear as day 2 of the 4 spark plug recesses were FILLED with water. Now it's all siphoned out and dry and the car runs like a beauty again.
Lesson learnt, don't jet wash an engine!
Cheers.
:o)

The REAL lessons:
1. DOnt get too 'up close and personal' with a pressure washer. Keep the wand back.. dont 'blast away' esp where it's not needed...and be careful about the plug recesses and electrical connectors.
2. Use silicone lube on the plug wire caps to help them seal better.
you pay..DEAL with it!