UK Ford Escort drivers door stuck

The drivers side door on my 1994 Ford Escort will not open at all.

In attempting to open it, it feels as though the internal pulley to release the door has pulled off of something.

The exterior handle release to open the door fails to do anything either.

The lock is VERY tight, but will lock and unlock with a small amount of force (I've tried WD40 to no avail).

I wish to look at the lock and release mechanism by removing the interior trim. The problem is there are screws holding it in place around the sides and bottom edge of the door panel.

How can I either get the door open or be able to remove this interior panel to have a look at the state of the lock/release mechanism?

The door will not budge at all. (Passenger side entry and exit is getting tiresome)

Thanks

Reply to
Stoo