UK Granada Scorpio '94 - Brakes

Hi
Wonder if you can shed any light on this one for me
When I'm slowing down gently to a stop in traffic the brake discs get "sticky" as though there is a high spot that catches - this is at say 5mph
down to zero
Don't have any vibration or noise when braking at speed though
Have had the wheels off and the pads seem fine and the discs "look" ok
Any ideas?
TIA
Tim

And no effect on braking at higher speeds? If not now, then you will soon, I'm thinking. Question: Have you had the pads changed and opted for 'economy'? Though, this might happen whatever the composition
If you've the resources, and you pull off those rotors and mount them solid on a free-spinning axle, (or engage drive in blocked car while rotor firmly bolted) then sight along the surface reflection as they spin, I believe you will indeed see a 'high spot' It's common..a LOT more common than 'rotor warp'
http://www.stoptech.com/tech_info/wp_warped_brakedisk.shtml
answer... new rotors and pads.. do not resurface, waste of time and money.
ALSO if you have directional wheels, make sure they are properly oriented . In the case of US Tbirds, this is often overlooked and contributes..
you pay..DEAL with it!
Hiya,
The Granadas' have vented disks on the front and it can happen that they crack down one of the vents and not on the face of the disk. While they look and test perfectly while cold the difference in expansion caused by the crack when they're hot can cause warping. This is especially common after 30k miles or a few years use. I change the discs on mine every three sets of pads, they're not expensive anyway and it's a really quick job.

Thanks for the response
I'll try and test this out next time I'm driving - ie brake to a stop a few times just after I've started up when the brakes are cold
One thing to bear in mind though is that at high speed there is no judder or vibration at all - it's purely a low speed problem - I thought if you had warped discs then high speed vibration was a good indicator of this? Mind you I'm no expert so may well be totally wrong on that point
Thanks again
Tim

Perhaps, But I Know for a fact that cracked rotors exhibit at higher speeds... however, if you read that article I linked you know there is SELDOM such a thing as a truly WARPED rotor... and I've had the 'high spot' syndrome on several cars, they ALWAYS start exhibiting at lower speeds.
For instance... the symptom of shudder immediately after brake overheat (such as driving down a mountain), I would tend to think, signals a cracked vent rib, as pottsy says.
you pay..DEAL with it!

Sorry but your post never showed up on my bloody swerver :-(
I'll have a look at in via google
Cheers
Tim