Granada Scorpio 2.9 L

Hi,

A friend of mine has a Granada Scorpio 2.9 L

it is a L registration, I think that puts it about 1988-ish

The problem he has is the battery will flatten if the car is not run every day.

He has traced it to a fuse in a long fuse box under the bonnet on the passenger side.

It is numbers fuse 26 and it is drawing 300mA even with the ignition off.

He cant find any reference to this fuse box in any manual yet alone the fuse itself, he thinks it may be ABS but...

He paid £300 for a garage to investigate the fault but that drew a blank.

He says when he puts the fuse back in he can hear a relay thud but he has not been able to locate where the noise is coming from.

can anyone offer any help or advice as what he should do.

thanks

Reply to
Nospam

hiya,

There are relays all over the place on a scorpio! Just leave the fuse out and see what doesn't work, if it is the abs the warning light will come on on the dashboard, the brakes will still work but you'll just not have abs function.

Years ago I was tracing a fault and thought I had it but it turned out to be the interior and underbonnet lights 'cos I had the doors and bonnet open!

pottsy