V8 Explorer vs V6 Explorer Fuel Economy

One expect better fuel economy on the 6cyl rather than the 8cyl in the explorer, but many trucks are 8cyl...I have no expierience with either engine, so I am looking for opinions.

Haggar wrote:

Fueleconomy.gov reports the identical mileage for both.
13city / 18 highway 5speed auto v6 4L, 6 speed auto v8 4.6L
Surely if you are towing anything or pulling hills hte 4.6 might do better than the 4L again.
The 4.0L used to be a little better on gas, not sure what happened to it...