washer sensor

I have a '90 Grand Marquis. When I use the washer/wiper manually I get the "washer level low" warning on my dash even though the resevoir is full.

Is this repairable?

Thank you.

Reply to
h5n1

If that is the ONLY time it happens, then the problem is probably in a faulty ground connection, near the pump.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Thanks. Yes, it only happens when I push the switch in to use the washer fluid.

Reply to
h5n1

I doubt it is a faulty ground. Look at the wiring diagram:

Almost certainly it is a shorted sensor. Pull off connector C172 and if the light now does not come on with the pump motor, the sensor is shorted. If it still comes on the short is in the connector itself.

Reply to
Mark Olson

Thank you. Will do first thing in the morning. If the warning does go away with the sensor unplugged I will just leave it that way. I do regular maintenance and don't need a reminder for these things.

Reply to
h5n1

I pulled off the connecter at the tank and the error went away, so the short must be in the sensor as you said. I will just leave it off and thanks again for the info.

Reply to
h5n1

I'm glad _someone_ is benefitting from my spending $17[1] on ebay for a complete Ford manual set for the 1985 Town Car/Grand Marquis/Crown Vic.

[1] That's only $8 less than I paid for the whole car...
Reply to
Mark Olson