what happened to Ford's hydraulic hybrid truck ?

what happened to Ford's hydraulic hybrid truck ?

I thought that 2012 was going to be the year for this 25+ mpg beast.

Lynn

Reply to
Lynn McGuire

Lynn

Reply to
Lynn McGuire

I have a hard time seeing how they can store enough energy to make this practical. The fluid is incompressible so they would have to be compressing a huge spring at really high pressures in the accumulator it would seem to me. What's going to happen in an accident when the lines get snapped off....

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

There is a bag of nitrogen gas in the tank. That is where the compression takes place. BTW, there are actually two tanks, a high pressure and a low pressure. Don't ask me why though.

If the lines get snapped off in a accident then everything is going real bad and those

10 gallons of hydraulic fluid just add to the nightmare of the 20 gallons of gasoline floating around the place.

Lynn

Reply to
Lynn McGuire