what happened to Ford's hydraulic hybrid truck ?

what happened to Ford's hydraulic hybrid truck ?
I thought that 2012 was going to be the year for this 25+ mpg beast.
Lynn

On 9/5/2012 4:04 PM, Lynn McGuire wrote:

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2011/02/ford-f-150-used-to-develop-40-mpg-hydraulic-hybrid-powertrain.html
Lynn

I have a hard time seeing how they can store enough energy to make this practical. The fluid is incompressible so they would have to be compressing a huge spring at really high pressures in the accumulator it would seem to me. What's going to happen in an accident when the lines get snapped off....
On 9/6/2012 5:16 PM, Ashton Crusher wrote:

There is a bag of nitrogen gas in the tank. That is where the compression takes place. BTW, there are actually two tanks, a high pressure and a low pressure. Don't ask me why though.
If the lines get snapped off in a accident then everything is going real bad and those 10 gallons of hydraulic fluid just add to the nightmare of the 20 gallons of gasoline floating around the place.
Lynn