I test drove one yesterday, and liked it. I left to eat lunch with the wife
and decide on whether I was going to purchase it or not. Truth be known, I
was leaning towards not getting it because they would not budge off of the
sticker price. Anyhow, after a 2 hour lunch/discussion with the Mrs. we
decided to go and get it. I arrive only to find that the dealer had
already sold the car to someone who paid OVER sticker for it. Sure, I
could have left him a deposit to hold the car, but I wanted to make sure
everything was okay with the Mrs.
What gives? I know these cars are hot, but I was having a hard time coming
to terms with paying sticker, only to be beat out by someone else who paid
OVER sticker. I really don't want a Mustang GT that bad. Maybe I am
wrong, but I am thinking when those 2006 models start to show up, the 2005
price may come down a "little" off of that dang sticker.
OTOH, I really liked the ride of the 2005 GT. I wanted to get a Mustang GT
every since I was 15 years old, then when I started making good money in
the 90s, I decided against one due to the harsh ride. Boy, does that new
2005 GT ever ride so much better than any of the 90s models I have test
driven. The only other stang that I would have considered was the 2003 -
2004 Mach 1, but again, the ride kept me away.
Now the question is, should I wait for the 2006 models if I want to get one
of the 2005 Mustang GTs, or should I just have the dealer order me a 2006
to ensure I get what I want in the car? What would you in the group do?