Whats the best floor carpet cover in winter?

I live in snow country, and yet it gets warm at times. Noticed rubber mats have a distinct smell when they heat up.

Gray carpet, in great condition, wondered what you all recommend for front area covers to ward off snow, mud, leaves etc.

I'm old enough to remember clear plastic seat covers, talk about ugly!

Reply to
JD

I like the deep rubber mats. I never noticed a smell in warm weather (I left the mats in year-round). I like the deep ones because the snow (and rain water) doesn't run off onto the carpet when it melts. (by "deep" I mean there's a half-inch or more depth to the treads)

-D

Reply to
Derrick 'dman' Hudson