Where's the switch????

I have a '97 Ford Explorer Sport. The backup lights do not work. The bulbs are good and the fuses are good. Can someone tell me where the backup light
switch is? At the tranny or at the steering column?
Thanks....

At the tranny, follow the shift cable, it's called the MLP Switch (Manual Lever Position).