Which to believe?

It's a 2002 Ford Taurus SEL. DURATEC 24V.
The sticker on the flap for the fuel cap access panel says to use ETHENOL or Regular Unleaded only. But the Vin number of the car
doesn't start with the right letter for it to be a flex fuel. So what gives? Was the sticker placed there in error? Is the DURATEC set up for burning alcohol from farms instead of petroleum? Or will this damage the engine? The Flex Fuel is a modified 3.0 Vulcan from what I remember.
Which to believe? Group: alt.autos.ford Date: Mon, May 2, 2005, 10:53pm (EDT-3) From: snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com
It's a 2002 Ford Taurus SEL. DURATEC 24V. The sticker on the flap for the fuel cap access panel says to use ETHENOL or Regular Unleaded only. But the Vin number of the car doesn't start with the right letter for it to be a flex fuel. So what gives? Was the sticker placed there in error? Is the DURATEC set up for burning alcohol from farms instead of petroleum? Or will this damage the engine? The Flex Fuel is a modified 3.0 Vulcan from what I remember.<<<<<<<<<<<<
All engines that run on regular fuels will run on ethanol added fuels with no problem so don't sweat it.
Eric
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Eric Toline) wrote in

they are addressing the standard 10% ethanol mixes, not E85. the flex fuel ones say so. KB
--
ThunderSnake #9 Warn once, shoot twice
460 in the pkup, 460 on the stand for another pkup
On 2 May 2005 22:53:36 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

ethenol will work just fine and is not a flex fuel its called winter gas here ya foctard
hurc ast
On Tue, 03 May 2005 22:14:36 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@syahoo.com wrote:

Hurc, you are full of it (ethanol perhaps). Ethanol is blended into gasoline from several suppliers across Canada all year round. It is an oxygenator and octane booster, as well as a substitute for petroleum.
On Tue, 03 May 2005 18:43:06 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@sny.der.on.ca wrote:

yup and it can get COLD too thus WINTER GAS you retard it will VAPORIZE
lmfao in yellowknife its -35 deg c tonite
lmfao schools out
hurc ast
REPORT HIM!!!
I sure did. If enough people report his abuse to his ISP, he will be banned from the net. I reported him to Google, and google takes newsgroup abuse very seriously.