Will New CEO Alan Mulally develop a Ford Flying Car?

Being the former head of Boeing's commercial aircraft division, Mr. Mulally is in the perfect position to proceed with the long due perfection of the
flying automobile which so many of us have longed for. Not only that, but there is no limit to how far he can improve the terrestrial cars all of us curse daily.
Just think! Aircraft standards for our cars, but at affordable auto prices. No longer will we pray before each out of town drive that our fuel pump won't cash in or timing belt snap or jump the cogs. Or a water hose burst or vacuum line pop loose. Or a wire in the engine management system fatigue open, conking the engine out. Or the head gasket deciding to take a powder leaving us with a steaming heap by the side of the road. And I bet Mr. Mulally knows all about the effects of making wheel track too narrow and center of gravity too high...countless needless deaths from tipover accidents. Even the ostentatious Harley Earl knew long and low was better than tall and high as is the 2007 Ford Explorer. I predict cars of the future under Mulally will be looking more like a ground hugging '59 Chevy without the vestigial fins and excess dead weight tonage.
Bill Ford made a brilliant choice for his CEO, without question.

Actually, the CEO of Boeing did an excellent job of steering Boeing through difficult times like the post-9/11 era and making fuel-efficient aircraft that are selling well as the price of fuel goes up.
But it wouldn't be the first time Ford made airplanes. They made 199 Ford Trimotors and B-24s during the big war.
Jeff
I think, either you dont know anything about cars, and how they are made... or you're a frekin idiot!
The modern car is to the 70's heap as what you're describing is to the current models.
MEaning we will get there but it will take time.
But there is no way to get current aircraft reliability using current auto part manufacturing techniques.
If you want a car like that, though, they ARE being made now, buy a Rolls or a Bentley
But 'groundhugging like a 59 Chevy?!!!!!!!
I HAD a 59 Chevy... if you had a modern car handled like that, you would be screaming bloody murder, thus I submit you must be an idiot!

you pay..DEAL with it!

Wow, fantasy island for sure. Have you ever priced replacement parts for aircraft? Aircraft break regularly, you just rarely know about it.
John