Window regulator or 'belt'?

I have a '97 Merc Villager with a RF power window problem. I have to 'help' the glass raise while a helper holds the button. It's as if the drive 'belt'
is stripped - jumps, stops, etc. Can the belt be replaced seperately or must I get an entire regulator? TIA Joe Arnold
"Jake" wrote

No belt in yours, it's cable driven. Entire assembly:
http://info.rockauto.com/RB/Detail2noTip.html?http://www.dormanproducts.com/images/items/hwrap1/6074929.jpg
Just the motor/gear drive:
http://info.rockauto.com/Cardone/Detail3.htm?/47/471337-01.jpg
The window glass could be binding in the fuzzy tracks. The window "carrier" could be binding in the vertical regulator guide. The idler wheels at the end of the regulator could be siezed. The drive cable could be frayed. The gear drive could be stripped or binding. The motor itself could be getting "tired", worn brushes or bearings.
Since you have to take the whole regulator and motor out anyway, it's usually more time and cost-effective to just replace the whole assembly.

http://info.rockauto.com/RB/Detail2noTip.html?http://www.dormanproducts.com/images/items/hwrap1/6074929.jpg
Many thanks for the info!

Thank you. Was able to find the window regulator for my 2000 Contour thanks to your links.
Al