Windstar windshield wiper problem

My 1996 Ford Windstar's windshield wipers are not working correctly.

I have the variable interval wipers and sometimes the wipers will not turn off / sometimes they will.

I never had this kind of problem before. Is there a way to remove the end of the wiper assembly in order to clean it??

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Reply to
Jamie F Kotris

My 1996 Ford Windstar's windshield wipers are not working correctly.

I have the variable interval wipers and sometimes the wipers will not turn on / sometimes they will.

I never had this kind of problem before. Is there a way to remove the end of the wiper assembly in order to clean it??

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Reply to
Jamie F Kotris

The most likely cause is the wiper control/turn signal stalk. Replace it or have it replaced. It's not too difficult to do yourself. The 4 Fords I've had since 1992 have all suffered from problems related to the wiper control/turn signal control.

mike

Reply to
Michael