Windshield wiper problem

Had a huge sleet storm recently. I thought I got all of it off the wipers. I turned them on and the passenger side wiper was still stuck. Before I could turn it off, the other wiper went, and the passenger one broke loose, but was out of whack with the other one,. It started going slower, then faster, and now won't go at all.

In looking closer at it, the little knob turns, but the clamp that holds it isn't tight enough to move with it. I took the little cap off, and there is a bolt. Can I just tighten it, or is there a gear in there that may be stripped?

Thanks,

gl

Reply to
gl

Had a similar prob w/ my 99 silverado during a rainstorm. Noticed the same things, tightened down the bolt and all was fine....

Good luck, hope this helps.

gl wrote:

Reply to
Dru

"gl" wrote in news:5zwyh.301082$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe13.lga:

tighten it down. half were left loose in manufacturing...........

Reply to
KjunRaven