2001 starting problem

Hi, I'm having an annoying problem on my 1.6 2001 Focus. When I leave the car for more than a week ..it won't start.

After coming back from holidays, it is impossible to get it started.

Symptom: Starter turns, but the car will not turn on. After the pump noise (contact on), there is a click like a relay switch coming from the engine

I've recharged the battery, checked the DTS codes(ok), the sparks are good, the gas is coming on the injection ramp...but the injection is not working. So no fuel in the engine.

The fusible and relays seem to be good. Any enlightening ideas ???

Thanks

Reply to
dsd4dev

Has it appeared more than once? If so how did you get it started then? /per

Reply to
per

The first time I was lucky....I guess.

I've checked all the electrical connection, the ignition, re-plugged all the relays, moved the car a little bit just in case...

The second time I've run the same test sequence without luck...

Best Regards, Sebastian

per wrote:

Reply to
dsd4dev

"" wrote: > The first time I was lucky....I guess. > > I've checked all the electrical connection, the ignition, > re-plugged > all the relays, > moved the car a little bit just in case... > > The second time I've run the same test sequence without > luck... > > Best Regards, > Sebastian > > per wrote: > > Has it appeared more than once? > > If so how did you get it started then? > > /per

My 2000 Focus does the same thing.It sat over the weekend and Monday a.m. all it does is click.A couple of months ago I took my girls car to work and her brother came over and checked the battery(the inerior lights and radio work)and alternator.He got in and it started right up.What is the problem and how can it be fixed?Thanks

Reply to
Rocka

At the risk of getting it wrong, but giving you something to go on. There are several websites that describe a "Dead spot" in the -- ?? starter?? All the driver gets is the click, click. But battery devices work fine, just won't start. They describe putting the car in gear, moving it a few feet and then restarting the car.

Keith

Reply to
Keith