2002 Ford Focus Battery Light Problem

Gere is the problem that just started to happen. Have a 2002 2.0L Focus wagon, and the battery light started to come on. So I got it tested and it turned out the battery was not supplying enough power. You would think a no brainer! Well once the battery was replaced, the battery light comes on and off all the time. It is wierd, it does not come on when I hit a bumb, and it is totally random. I could be coasting, and it would come on, or next time it will not. The alternator is putting enough power out when it was tested, other then a bad battery, what else could it be?? Please help.

Reply to
Thundar

If you look under the car at right side of the engine there is suppose to be a shield that covers the serpentine belt. If it's broken off and water gets on the belt it will momentarily cause the belt to slip on the crankshaft pulley slowing down and or stopping all the other pulleys, alt,p/s,a/c. And you don't even hear a squeel. But there's was no water you say. Well if the a/c is on, the suction side of ever metal part sweats and if it's humid, alot and without that shield it goes right on the belt. This lowered focus came in with the same concern as your's. His shield was broken off because the car was lowered. The shield actually hangs a little lower that the pan.

Reply to
monkeyboy via CarKB.com