Battery light focus

I have a 1.8 ghia petrol focus 2004 model. I pulled away this afternoon and the battery light came on. I turns the car off and then retstarted and the light went off. I'm hoping it was justa blip but the suspicious in me is wondering if there is a fault with the battery or charging system.

A multimeter indicates 12.50v when off and 14.50v when running which seems normal to me bearing in mind the smart charge system of the focus.

Its on its original motorcraft battery, never given me reason to question. I'm in no hurry to replace it because of this but more interested why this may have happened.

Cars been running fine since.

Reply to
Adam

I wouldn't worry unless it became a regular event.

My 2004 Mondeo did this quite a bit from 2 years old, on cold, wet winter evenings. I never did bother to get it fixed and the car went back to the lease company at the end of its 4 years without having been looked at.

Reply to
TTT