Latest threads in Ford Focus Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

1.8 or 2.0 TDCi?
Hi there, haven't posted here for a few years so here goes. I've had my petrol Focus for eight years and I'm looking to buy another. I've narrowed it down to the 1.8 or 2.0 TDCi. I know the 1753 lump...
9
9

Roadside Assistance
My roadside assistance plan terminates in March. Is is a good or bad idea to keep this in force. Maybe use another company instead. Thanks for any help. John
1
1

Best oil for Focus 1.4 Zetec SE
I need to change oil on my Ford Focus 1,4 16v zetec-se engine year 2000 What oil type do you recomend? One mechanics told me that ford formula e 5w-30 oil is not so good oil and that he suggest to put...
1
1

Auto box maintenance
My 1.6 Petrol Zetec Auto Focus has done 70,000 miles. There is no scheduled maintenance on the Auto transmission in the UK. Any thoughts or suggestions on this. Do I just keep it running? What are...
2
2

fm radio problem
I have ford focus 2002. It has a 4500 fm/am radio cassette player. The cassette player and am bandwidth work fine but the fm radio doesn't work. Sometimes just when I start the car I have fm radio for...
5
5

Focus, 2001 Wagon SE 2.0 Zetec
My Focus wagon has just over 50k miles on it now and over it's life time is sometimes would surge just a little bit in the 45 - 50 speed range. This has been going on for more than a year now but we...

Sticking throttle
Can anyone please help me with the problem I have with a 2002 1.8 focus TDCI. It will 'intermittently' refuse to back off after taking my foot off the accelerator, but wait for a few seconds and it...
6
6

Replacement clutch and/or gear box 1999 Focus 1.8 Petrol. 3dr
Hi guys, My clutch has gone and I think my gear box playing up too. Could any kind person give me an idea of what I should be paying for firstely a replacement clutch and secondly a new gear box? Both...

ENGINE WARNING LIGHT ON FORD FOCUS 1.6LX/2001
Can someone help me I had my yellow engine warning light come on today and the engine was running with a stuttery sort of action. When I went over 45 mph the yellow light would start flashing so I did...
3
3

front indicators
hi all, need some help, just bought some new clear front indicaors for my 1.8 zetev on a 99 plate and have a question for anyone out there for some help in my hanes book it states to just unscreww...
5
5

any1 bought from Nationwide cars
Has any1 had any experience of buying a car through natiowide cars please... Pros and cons please.

Passenger Seat
I have a 2006 1.6Zetec and wish to eith retrofit a height adjustable front passenger seat or adjust existing so that it is permanently low. Is this easy to do ? Thanks

Bulb advice (UK)
I have a 2005 Focus and the bulbs are specified as follows: Headlights: dipped/main = 50/55W H4L halogen Fog light: 55W H1 halogen. is there any (safe) way of improving the light output of these?...
10
10

beeps on ignition
I have a 2001 Ford focus... Recently I started to hear what sounded like a warning tone on ignition, that lasted a second or so. Checked with the dealership, and the head mech said that he had no idea...
3
3

Clutch?????
iv got an x reg 2000 1.8 zetec focus and am going to get rid of it in a few weeks, the problem is that it doesn't pull away e.g. coming onto a roundabout when i push my foot on the accelerator all i...
3
3