beeps on ignition

I have a 2001 Ford focus...

Recently I started to hear what sounded like a warning tone on ignition, that lasted a second or so.

Checked with the dealership, and the head mech said that he had no idea what it might mean!?!

Just today, on ignition, I heard three distinct tones.

Any ideas out there?

Reply to
pitimax

Does the car have an alarm fitted

Reply to
Steve Robinson

No alarm, that's what makes me worry !

Reply to
pitimax

then its the lights on warning sounder , mine started beeping when the car was started found the battery was on its way out , this time of year you pull more power to start , get your battery checked , check all your cabling to the battery , starter motor and alternator for any damage , loose connections or corroded connections

Reply to
Steve Robinson