front indicators

hi all, need some help, just bought some new clear front indicaors for my

1.8 zetev on a 99 plate and have a question for anyone out there for some help

in my hanes book it states to just unscreww them at the front of the light but ive had a look at them and cant see a screw but just orange plastic,

i can see where the srew goes but seems to be covered,

is it just a plastic cover to protect the srew as i dont want to remove them and end up shattering them

cheers

Reply to
stuart ardern

You'll need a torx bit to remove the orange-plastic-coloured headed screw that holds the indicators in the bumper.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

cheers tim, had a nother look and it seems somthing like a stone has hit the srew square on and taken the head off, does anyone know if its a full plastic screw i can drill out

Reply to
stuart ardern

No, its a metal screw part and has got a very coarse thread which screws into the plastic of the bumper.

If the head has gone completely, the inidcator unit, should pull out with abit of encouragement, and you then could use pliers or fastgrips to grasp the shank and un-screw it.

The clear units shoudl come with a new screw.]

tim..

Reply to
Tim..

sods law, no new srews with these units, does anyone know if they have a parts number as will pop down to ford dealers tomorrow,

oh after another thing but not sure what its called,

i have the 3 door focus 1.8 zetec and on the main centrel pillar on the inside there is a clip missing so the plastic is comming away from the pillar, looks just like a push in plug, anyone know what im on about and if so, where to get one

cheers

Reply to
stuart ardern

Umm correct me if I am wrong, but you are replacing the orange units with clear ones? Therefore you will need a clear headed screw? When I did the same operation to my Focus the new units came with clear headed screws, as i would expect them to. If your's havent, you need to have a word with the suppliers, as they should be providing ALL the parts needed.

It will be one of two types of clip. Either its the round button type which is separate from the panel and slides laterally into two 'fingers' on the panel then presses into the metal of the car, or its the type with a integral tapered prong which mates with a metal barb within a plastic holder on the car. I'm sorry my description is abit lame, but if you remove the panel completely you'll easily see.

The chances are you;ll need more than one new fixture anyway, and they come in a packet of 5 for about £1.50.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..