ENGINE WARNING LIGHT ON FORD FOCUS 1.6LX/2001

Can someone help me I had my yellow engine warning light come on today and the engine was running with a stuttery sort of action. When I went over 45 mph the yellow light would start flashing so I did as manual said and reduce speed and once I got to about 10mph the light stopped flashing but remained illuminated. My engine temperature was normal.

Does anyone have any ideas to help me solve this?

Reply to
SEDGIE

do as the manual says and take it to a dealer / independant with diagnostic tools

Reply to
Steve Robinson

In message , Steve Robinson wrote

Certain faults produce erroneous error codes. When my (ignition) coil pack failed the error codes recorded were nothing to do with the fault. It was possibly due to interference from the faulty high voltage circuits getting back into the engine management system and generating false code.

Reply to
Alan

In message , SEDGIE wrote

First guess is that the coil pack has failed. I had similar problems on a UK 1.6 2001 model and it appears it is a common fault on this age of car. In my case it felt like the car was only running on two or three cylinders.

Search the news archives at

(this is different to the Google search engine)

Search for focus coil pack

If it is the coil, and you do replace it yourself, also change the plugs and check the ignition leads.

Reply to
Alan