Broken Spring+ split exhaust

is it a known problem broken road springs? ive just discovered my nearside road spring snapped on my June 2000 2.0 ghia UK model (20.000 miles from new)
also my exhaust rear silencer is spilt across its full length, I know this is common on the Uk 2.0 Ghia does any one know a decent replacement with a chrome tail pipe as the original? have ford improved the quality of there exhausts to extend the life?
thanks in advance

Recently exchanged the last silencer on my 2.0 Ghia (1999), as it wasn't in a really good shape anymore. Got one from Remus, mounting was pretty easy, fitted perfectly. (www.remus.at)
--
Michael Heiming

looks like mines one piece almost up to the front is yours?

( top posting fixed - please don't )
[..]

Yep, this is common for many cars, the factory mounted exhaust is mostly like this.
You have to cut the original one, there comes a doc with the Remus showing where to cut. Perhaps you should ask someone who knows about it to help you, if you plan to do this on yourself.
It was pretty easy for me, but then, have been doing this for a living, >15 years ago.
--
Michael Heiming

one and it does have a chrome tail pipe too. Its one of the better quality replacement exhausts. Most exhaust centres should stock them.
--
Paul Giverin

From experience, bosal silencer are among the worst you can get, they fall apart quick. IMHO it's not worse the money, unless you are going to sell the car soon and don't care.
--
Michael Heiming

than the original Ford silencer and it shows no signs of failure after two years. I did some research before I bought it and they seemed to have a good reputation. I would certainly recommend them.
--
Paul Giverin

Wasn't that difficult. ;)

Perhaps you are lucky and the bosal quality is better in the UK? Here I saw multiple of those on various cars just fall apart after only two/three years.
--
Michael Heiming

well that's longer than my original ford exhaust which was showing signs of being past its best at 18 months
Michael Heiming