broken coil spring

I pulled into garage and heard boing! Right front coil spring broke. Ford will repace both front springs under extended waranty if you have a 2000 focus from the right plant and a broken spring. Its a 10 year 150000 mile warranty. My car qualifies and will get both springs replaced free!! Thanks Ford! Mike

Reply to
Mike Eppler

Why has Ford this kind of warranty not in every country where they sell the same cars? 3 years extra warranty on top of the standard first year is the maximum here. Thibaud

Reply to
Thibaud Taudin Chabot

It was apparantly for northern states in the US, where some of them put salt on the roads in the winter, and they didn't have a well enough protected spring on the front. I got mine replaced about 2 months ago, took it in for an oil change went to leave heard some strange grinding from the front end, and turned right around an went right back in, they said the spring broke, looked it up and my car qualified.

Reply to
me

:>Mike Eppler schreef: :>> I pulled into garage and heard boing! Right front coil spring broke. Ford :>> will repace both front springs under extended waranty if you have a 2000 :>> focus from the right plant and a broken spring. Its a 10 year 150000 mile :>> warranty. My car qualifies and will get both springs replaced free!! :>> Thanks Ford! :>> Mike :>> :>> :>Why has Ford this kind of warranty not in every country where they sell :>the same cars? 3 years extra warranty on top of the standard first year :>is the maximum here. :>Thibaud

Not to make you feel bad but the minimum "standard" factory warranty on new cars sold in the U.S. is 3 years/36,000 miles, whichever comes first. That's all manufacturers, not just Ford.

Look at the bright side though, you get new models years before we do. You also get models that we'll never see over here. :-)

me/2

Reply to
me/2

On Fri, 08 Sep 2006 18:24:00 GMT, me/2 wrote Re Re: broken coil spring:

I read somewhere that GM is going to 100,000 mile warranties (entire car, not just drive train) in 2007. We'll see.

If it's true, and I was buying a new car in '07, I would sure give GM a close look.

I believe Hyndai is 60,000 miles now.

Reply to
Vic Dura

ford even paid for the 30 mile tow when my spring broke.

Reply to
vjc

In message , me/2 wrote

We also get the models that are better built with quality components :) apart from coil packs :(

Reply to
Alan

In message , Vic Dura wrote

There is no such thing as a free lunch. Don't these type of warrantees mean that you have to get all your servicing, repairs new tyres etc. at an expensive price from main dealer rather than from the best value outlet - or do-it-yourself?

I once had free labour on the first car service at the dealer. My mistake was not asking the price of the materials. The dealer charged me around 4 times the price I would have paid for the oil and they even itemised the piece of plastic put over the seat and thick piece of 'branded' paper they put on the floor to protect my car from the mechanics oily boots!

Reply to
Alan

On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 09:54:11 +0100, Alan wrote Re Re: broken coil spring:

Good question. I don't know the answer to.

Reply to
Vic Dura