Compatible tire/rim sizes on 2003 ZTS

I'm wanting to get some dedicated winter tires & rims for the vehicle. The originals are 205/50 - 16" and I was considering a narrower tire and rim
(logically the narrower tire should find it easier to get through the snow - but please correct me if I'm wrong).
Using the website provided in an earlier post http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/surveydisplay.jsp?type=HPAS by Roarmeister it's indicating that I could go as small as 185/65-14" but surely I'm going to have issues with such a small rim - or am I ?
Basically, will the vehicle take a 14" rim or am I forced to use a 15" or 16"?
Thanks for any help.

It will take a 14 inch rim but you need 185/70 tires to get the correct diameter. Since you're used to ZTS-grade handling, you might prefer 195/60 15s. A friend of mine just put them on his 2005 SES (similar to yours) and he loves them.
wrote

I recently put 14" rims with 185/70's on my Daughters car '03 ZTW, after some very good advice from the people on this news group. (Thanks Guys.) She is thrilled with the performance on snow and ice. I checked the speedo with my GPS and it reads 2 kl's slow at 100 kl's. I believe most modern speedo's read a little slow anyway, Geoff.
Thanks for the confirmation, it's much appreciated.
I'm not too concerned about trying to replicate the summer handling that the OE Firestone provide (they've got 69k km on them) which are fine on dry/wet roads but suck when it comes to the slightest bit of snow/ice. I'm just wanting to put something on the vehicle (without breaking the bank - hence the 14" option) that will allow me to pull away from the lights without the traction control light burning a permanent image into my retina.
wrote

or
195/60
and
She
with
speedo's
wrote

Sorry Timothy, I just re-read my post and the tires where 195/70's. As long as the load rating is ok, 185's would just give you a slightly lower ratio. Maybe 2 kilometres slower at 100. and also better traction in deep snow. Geoff.