Flat spot 2000 w-reg 1.6lx petrol

i have solved my crazy dial problems- I have given the battery terminals an almighty tightening that seems to have cured it for now. However, I do have another problem which is almost like a flat spot at
around 1500 - 1800 rpm under load. It is almost like the engine misses a few beats or misfires for a split second. It happens a lot and is otherwise fine. Any ideas?

HT leads. (or coil pack spiking the ECU if new leads fails)
Plugs gapped at 1.0mm (not 1.3mm) and do NOT fit cheap leads.
Tim.
Hi - thanks Tim. I had the coil pack replaced about 3 months ago - still possibly could have gone wrong since then I suppose. i would have gapped the plugs to the Haynes Manual recommendation. - I'll have to look that up.
Paul Tim.. wrote:

Platinum plugs gapped to 1.1mm = feels like a new engine - thanks very much for the help.