Ducato Petrol (W reg) Which engine?

Apologies for the simple question, it must appears I haven't done any research whatsoever. I recently picked up a Ducato 2.0 petrol on a W reg with little or no documents etc and no matter where I look, I can't find out what engine is in it.

From what I have deduced, my best guess would be a Pug XU, as this seems to be used in the Boxer/Relay (which seem to be the same vans) of that era. Am I correct?

Either way, does anyone know the cambelt interval?

Many thanks in advance.

Reply to
Jimmy

looks like it was only in those!! autodata has various ideas on cambelt change depending on year, but the minimum is 36k or 3 years, so do that and you should be ok

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Many thanks, Mrcheerful for taking the time to reply to me.

Just to clarify, the engine is specific to the Ducato (not the one used in the Boxer/Relay)? Any chance you know what it is (or if it is used in anything else) as I am trying to track down a manual for it. So far I've not managed to find anything specific for this van.

Reply to
Jimmy

it seems it is only in the ducato and the Talento ? 94 - 02 the engine code is an RFW

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Mrcheerful ("Mrcheerful" ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

A quick google suggests the Talento is the same thing as the Ducato - probably just different badges for different markets.

RFW sounds like a PSA engine code - and there are google hits on the Jumper (Euro badge for Relay) for RFW. Mebbe we just didn't get the petrol engine in the van for the UK?

Yup, RFW is a specific spec for XU10J2U. I'm guessing that tailing "U" is for "Utile", french for commercial vehicle. XU10J2 would be a 2.0 8v XU. Nothing special at all.

Reply to
Adrian

Good digging !!

Reply to
Mrcheerful

According to my autodata the engine is indeed the "RFW" and the belt interval appears to be 'Check and replacement if necessary every 36,000 miles, definately replace at 72,000 miles or 5 year intervals'

Time to replace is 1.5 hours, so I'd get it done anyway.

Reply to
Pete M

Many thanks MrCheerful, Adrian and PeteM.

As always, excellent help from the group.

Reply to
Jimmy