Rover 420, FLAT SPOT

My rover420SLDI has a "Flat Spot" that comes & goes!, the engine managment light comes on ,sometimes, Acceleration is poor when this happens, then suddenly clears itself, and car goes well. Electronic diagnosis can not find the problem, any ideas please. thanks in advance M C CONSABLE

Reply to
driverman

Either Air Mass Meter or EGR problem. Check connections.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

I think this question has been answered on alt.autos.rover for a similar model with the same engine.

Darren

Reply to
Darren Jarvis

check the upside down connector in the middle of the bulkhead. It's for the turbo and can corrode as it collects water.

Reply to
Delgardo

Thank you darren, but where p[lease do I find "alt.Autos. Rover" ?

Reply to
driverman

It's another newsgroup which you would 'subscribe to' in the same way you got onto this newsgroup.

news:alt.autos.rover might work.

Darren

Reply to
Darren Jarvis