Corsa Flat Spot

When were the spark plugs last changed? - they're not always on the service schedule.

Alternatively:

Lambda sensor - what sort of mileage is on it, as they are prone to failure as the miles clock up.

Reply to
SteveH

My 98 1.4 8v corsa with Single Point Injection has a flat spot at 2k and 4k. Its was serviced 6k ago and has done 52kmiles. Any ideas on what to check?.

Thanks

Rob

Reply to
Rob Kirk

First check the HT components are A1- plugs are recent and leads in good order.

Then check for any fault codes, and that the o2 sensor is switching nice and briskly (1.5-2hz ideally) and that the engine is reaching full operating temperature (thermostat)

If all that checks out then have the injector ultrasonically cleaned.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.

similar things happens to my 99 1.2 16v, kinda brings accelerating to a halt at about 2.2k, then it decides its going to bother moving again. Doesnt happen all the time, and only after I've been stopped for a while at lights etc. And even then its not all the time. It's infuriating as there's no real way to tell if its going to do it or not so giving a list of every single scenario where it happens is difficult! Saying that, it's not done it badly for a while...

Last time I asked here, airflow was mentioned as a possible problem, warm air sitting in the engine bay or somethingc, hence it not being bad now we're in Sept as its colder. Short of hammering a few "speed holes" in the bonnet with a pick axe, anyone any ideas as to a remedy if that is the problem, or any other ideas as to what causes it?

Taking it in for its 4yr 25k srevice in Oct (anyone know what'll need doing for that one?). See if that sorts it...

Reply to
Barry