floor wet on both sides

i just bought a ford focus last sunday which is a 2003 zetec model and i lifted the mats today and the underneath of the carpets is soaking wet the sound proofing. its the same on the drivers side and we have only had a little bit of rain but as far as i know its not leaking all suggestions would be helpfull

Reply to
pad

All together now - pollen filter. Search google news for numerous posts about this.

Cheers

D.

In message , pad wrote

Suspect Number 1

The pollen filter (cabin filter) cover is on the passenger side at the bottom of the windscreen. Part of cover is the actual seal with the bottom of the windscreen (passenger side). If it is fitted back without care or if it has been broken you will get water into the passenger side foot-well. This is a common problem that usually results in posts to this group when the owner has taken the car to a Ford dealer for a service.

Alternatively, someone has taken the car for a swim.

Reply to
Alan

LOL, is it a common prob? I live in a wet part of the world:)

Reply to
unknown

500,000 cars were water damaged by the recent hurricanes. One-half are estimated to be headed for the retail market. Do a Carfax search and be suspicious of any car from a Gulf state.

Water from an improperly sealed pollen filter will usually be found on the passenger side only. What happens when the car is run through a car wash? How about the area around the spare tire? Check both the transmission and oil for signs of water contamination. There are numerous articles on the Internet with regard to flooded cars.

-- Don

Reply to
Don McC

unknown has written

I live in the west of Scotland, we get our fair share of rain. I fixed my= =20 leak with a =A34 tube of silicon sealant.

Perhaps you and your wife suffer from incontinence.

Reply to
oh no